Updated on June, 25th, 2015
The current administration identified the very poor conditions of the physical infrastructure in the University as a challenge, and from the beginning sought to meaningfully upgrade them as follows:
1. Large Lecture Hall - Completely rehabilitated.
2. SIWES Block Completely remodelled and fully rehabilitated.
3. University Main Library is fully upgraded with air-conditioned e-library, with 100 work stations.
4. Alhaji Commasie Lecture Theatre was rehabilitated by First Bank Nigeria Plc.
5. Multi-Activity Centre University Cafeteria: construction work on-going sponsored by Diamond Bank Nigeria Plc.
6. Faculty of Law Library Completely remodelled and expanded with air-conditioned reading spaces, and book stock Areas.
7. Faculty of Law Moot Court In line with expert advice, a modern/expanded Moot Court has been built for the Faculty of Law, and properly furnished.
8. New Faculty of Law Complex Sponsored by TETFund now in use.
9. New ICT Sponsored by TETFund now operational with 248 work stations and a dedicated 410KVA gen set.
10. Model Science Laboratory TETFund sponsored, construction work is on-going.
11. NDDC Hostel Commissioned in July 2013, and currently a link road is being constructed by the NDDC to integrate future uses with the University Centre.
PROJECTS AT ORLU
A. Three-floor Seminar Halls Built by the Imo State Government: Project Completed
B. Laboratory Complex for Haematology & PharmacologyConstruction on-going Sponsored by Imo State Government.
C. Ultra Modern 800 Capacity Terraced Lecture Theatre with Basement Facilities: Construction ongoing Sponsor: Imo State Government.
D. Cafeteria Attracted by Hon. Jerry Alagbaoso under TETFund Sponsorship Work Completed.
E. Conference Hall at the School of Nursing, Umuna Orlu L.G.A Sponsored by Imo State Government, work completed
F. Students' Hostel: Completion at about 90%
G. Erosion Control around Borrow Pit at College of Medicine actualized with perimeter drainage.
12. Imo State Government Projects at the Lake Nwaebere Campus Owerri.
3 Large Lecture Halls are currently being built by the State Government at the Owerri Campus.
4 Owunna Recreation Park Rehabilitation and complete remodelling of the park was entirely sponsored by the Chief Peter Sunday Owunna Memorial Foundation of which the immediate past Pro-Chancellor and Chairman of Governing Council, Mazi Clement Owunna MFR, NPOM is the Chairman.
5 Other Construction Projects about to be commenced:
A. Ultra Modern University Main Library
B. University Medical Centre
C. Faculty of Science Complex
D. Completion of the Abandoned PG Block
E. Faculty of Business Administration.
F. Senate Building
G. Faculty of Humanities Complex.
| Copyright IMSUICT 2014 |